This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. 3 Dallas restaurants get a shot on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. Three Dallas restaurants have definitely made the cut for the latest season of Food Network TV show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, including a taqueria, a barbecue spot, and a restaurant that specializes in fried chicken.
2. Epic new Dallas-Fort Worth water park opens with splashy prizes. There's a new opening date for the Epic Waters Indoor Waterpark, the recreational facility in Grand Prairie, and it's going to be accompanied by all of the fanfare and splashy prizes one would anticipate for such a huge, major, big event.
3. Design experts predict hot home trends and fading fads for 2018. Hope you gave your bar cart one last good hurrah this New Year's Eve, because once 2018 hit, it was no longer on-trend. That's what the annual Zillow Home Trend Forecast predicted, along with five fresh home decor must-haves and two other fads that were so 2017.
4. Preston Hollow restaurant succumbs to challenges at flawed Dallas site. In one of the less shocking bits of dining news, Dish Preston Hollow, the Houston's-aspiring restaurant from Tim McEneny, has closed. Moment of silence. McEneny issued a statement saying that as of January 2, he'd decided to cease operation "due to unresolvable concerns with our building and location."
5. New bicycle sharing company from China wheels into Dallas. Dallas, which is quickly becoming the world leader of bicycle sharing, welcomes yet another company to town: Mobike, a company from China, is now testing bikes in a few key Dallas locations, with a full launch anticipated later in January.