This Week's Hot Headlines
High-speed train update zooms into this week's top 5 Dallas headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Texas high-speed train selects location for passenger station in Dallas. A location has been finalized for the Dallas passenger station for the Texas Bullet Train: in the Cedars neighborhood near I-30 and I-35. Developer Texas Central says that they'll build terminal on a largely vacant 60-acre plot south of the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center.
2. LimeBike pledges to change placement of its shared bikes in Dallas. Despite some minor online whining, bike sharing is proving to be an increasingly popular amenity in Dallas, according to figures released by LimeBike, one of the half-dozen bike-sharing companies that have descended on the city in the past eight months.
3. International restaurant chain bombards Dallas with mini-burgers. Whee, it's baby burgers everywhere with the looming arrival of Burgerim, an international fast-casual chain specializing in gourmet mini-burgers, which is opening restaurants all across Dallas-Fort Worth.
4. Dallas radio station The Eagle scores big headliner for summerfest. Reclusive rock band A Perfect Circle is coming to Dallas, as the headlining act of BFD 2018, the annual rock concert hosted by rock radio station 97.1 KEGL-FM The Eagle.
5. Here's 2 cents on new downtown Dallas restaurant by chef Nick Badovinus. A big chunk of real estate on the eastern edge of downtown Dallas' Central Business District is being acquired by a development group that plans to renovate vintage buildings and create new office and retail — including a new restaurant from chef Nick Badovinus.