links we love right now
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Cheerleader makes ridiculous half-court stunt shot. If shooting a basketball while doing a cartwheel ever becomes a sport, then Ashlee Arnau has a bright future ahead of her.
2. Baby jams out with five instruments at the same time. Little Quentin isn't even out of diapers yet, and he's already got some mad rhythm on the maraca, drum, keyboard, guitar and phone.
3. How "Golden eagle snatches kid" ruled the Internet. It isn't often that a homework project goes viral, but this one-minute video proves it happened at least once. The hoax video was an assignment in a Canadian film class. To get an A, students needed 100,000 views. "Golden eagle snatches kid" has nearly 42 million hits on YouTube.
4. Google Glass introduces a hands-free computer/smartphone/camera to the masses. Well, the masses who enter a contest and are willing to pony up $1,500 plus airfare to a "pick-up experience" in New York, San Francisco or Los Angeles, should they be selected.
5. This camel's nose bears an uncanny resemblance to the Grinch's face. I'm not sure what's stranger, that a camel's nose actually does look like the Grinch's face or that it took humankind this long to realize it.
6. While receiving an award for saving one person's life, paramedic rushes to perform CPR on bystander, saving his life as well. All in day's work for Brian Crawford, Plano's new fire chief who already has two rescues under his belt at Tom Muehlenbeck Recreation Center. "Plano's a great place to live, and while it may seem strangely comforting, a great place to have a cardiac arrest if you're going to have one."