Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Dallas gets a new additional possibly cooler telephone area code. Dallas will get a new area code in 2021, one that is possibly cooler than the other three already in existence. The new code is 945, and will join the already existing trio of 214, 972, and 469.
2. Dallas chef and his journalist ex-girlfriend get called out for stiffing server. Much of the Dallas restaurant community was working hard on March 1, checking the Instagram feed of Austin chef Gabriel Erales, of acclaimed Austin Mexican restaurant Comedor. In behavior unusual to the food & beverage world, Erales called out a Dallas chef and his food writer girlfriend for stiffing a server and exhibiting a sense of privilege.
3. Dallas' beloved La Madeleine debuts exciting new bakery concept in Uptown. Dallas' beloved La Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe is opening an exciting new bakery in Uptown Dallas, on the ground floor of High Street Residential's Residences at Park District, a new mixed-use development at 2100 Olive St.
4. Low-profile DFW billionaire reigns as the richest woman in the world. Fort Worth’s Alice Walton may keep a relatively low profile, but she’s got a high profile when it comes to her stature among the world’s billionaires. A new ranking from China’s Hurun Report puts Walton at No. 1 among the world’s richest women and at No. 12 overall.
5. Cute butcher shop-cafe from celebrity chef opens in Dallas' Knox District. There's a new shop coming to Dallas' Knox Street area for people who like meat. Georgie by Curtis Stone, the restaurant in the Knox District, will finally open The G Butcher Shop, its companion butcher-sandwich shop at 4514 Travis St., #132, with a forecast date of early March.