This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. These 8 rising star chefs heat up Dallas' restaurant landscape. The most tasteful time of the year is here, with the 2018 CultureMap Tastemaker Awards, our annual event honoring the best in local food and drink. Here are the eight nominees for Rising Star Chef.
2. Most patio-friendly Alamo Drafthouse premieres in Lake Highlands. Alamo Drafthouse's eagerly anticipated Lake Highlands location is ready to debut with two exclusive perks new to Dallas-Fort Worth. About a year and a half after it was first announced, the theater's soft opening will take place March 20, and a grand opening, on March 28.
3. Where to drink in Dallas right now: Best happy hour deals for March. For March, the monthly "Where to drink" list surveys all of the best new happy hours around Dallas. Does a cocktail taste sweeter when it's half price? Find out by visiting these bars and restaurants offering happy hour deals.
4. This Dallas community now ranks as one of 10 richest in the country. The rich are getting richer in Highland Park. The town now ranks among the 10 wealthiest communities in the country, according to a new analysis of U.S. Census Bureau data.
5. New retreat brings luxurious glamping to Texas Hill Country — for a limited time. Who says you have to plan an epic trip to experience a glamorous getaway? An exclusive new retreat combining camping with high-end amenities is coming to the Texas Hill Country.