Links We Love Right Now
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. The Texas Rangers now have a theme song set to the tune of "Thrift Shop." American Idol cast-off Tim Halperin is quite the Rangers fan. He recently debuted his rap-parody of the song "Thrift Shop" on 103.7 Lite FM. Falls under the "so bad it's good" category.
2. Dogs wearing pantyhose. This is apparently the latest meme to take off in China. We can clearly see why.
3. God reveals gigantic Internet footprint. You probably thought you had a pretty good online presence, didn't you? Well it's nothing compared to the Almighty, who documents every time someone thanks Him for a sandwich.
4. President of Malawi says Madonna made poor people dance for her. Rule No. 1 of humanitarianism: Do not make poor people dance for you. There is no rule No. 2.
5. Dad documents every time his son cries with bluntly titled Tumblr. Before you feel guilty about reveling in a child's pain, know that reasons for this toddler's tears are as simple as "his brothers boots don't fit," or "his milk is in the wrong cup."