This Week's Hot Headlines
Dallas' Tastemaker Awards winners top this week's 5 hottest headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Dallas-Fort Worth food fans toast to local culinary stars at Tastemaker Awards. It was wall-to-wall food and drink at the 2018 Tastemaker Awards, CultureMap's celebration of the top restaurants, bars, and culinary masters, held at Dallas event space Sixty Five Hundred on April 19.
2. Atmos Energy admits to Dallas City Council that its billing was flawed. Sinking more deeply into hot water, Atmos Energy acknowledged something that Dallas-area customers have been complaining about for months: that the system it uses to estimate monthly charges has problems, and that it intends to issue refunds.
3. North Dallas gets a kosher deli with a little Texas BBQ on the side. A new kosher deli and market is opening in Dallas with a little BBQ twist. Called Kosher Palate, it'll open at 7989 Belt Line Rd., at the intersection of Coit Road, with an opening estimated for early summer.
4. Sea of extravagant hats puts Dallas' most whimsical luncheon over the top. This year's Mad Hatter's Tea theme, "A Garden by the Sea," gave guests a lot to play with. And play they did, with whimsical hats that incorporated all manner of seaside adornments: tropical flowers, seashells, mermaid dolls, miniature beach chairs, plastic piña colada cups — one even featured live goldfish swimming in a bowl inside the hat.
5. This Dallas home tour takes impeccable interior design to new heights. Sometimes the best gifts come in small packages. That definitely is the case with the homes featured in this year's Hollywood Home Tour, which showcases five cozy homes that pack a big interior design punch.