This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note:Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Acclaimed pizzeria Cane Rosso to open fourth branch in very far north location. Neapolitan-style pizza fans to the very, very, very far north of Dallas will no longer have to haul down 75. Jay Jerrier is opening a fourth location of his Cane Rosso in Fairview. It is slated to open in July.
2. Best brunch in America list includes some curious DFW restaurants. Every diner has an opinion about where to brunch, and reservation site OpenTable has culled through those opinions from more than 5 million verified users on nearly 19,000 restaurants across the nation. The resulting roundup of best brunch restaurants in America includes four in Dallas-Fort Worth — some more expected than others.
3. Oak Lawn's Scotch & Sausage will give Dallas night owls something meaty to chew on. If you're someone who craves sausage late at night, then you can soon fill those desires at Scotch & Sausage. Opening in the Cedar Springs area, the restaurant specializes in sausage sandwiches, along with Scotch and whiskey, served until the wee hours.
4. CBS 48 Hours works with CultureMap Dallas for show on Michele Williams murder case. CultureMap gets a berth in the national spotlight when 48 Hours profiles our coverage of accused murderer Michele Williams. The episode is described thusly: "Sex, bondage, affairs and murder — who killed a brilliant-but-feared businessman?" It airs May 3 at 9 pm on CBS.
5. Dallas scores Amazon same-day delivery. On May 1, Amazon announced that it will add Dallas to its growing list of cities eligible for same-day delivery. Los Angeles and San Francisco also made the cut, bringing the total number of same-day cities served to 12.