Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. One-of-a-kind Barnes & Noble bookstore concept closes Plano location. A unique version of national bookseller chain Barnes & Noble, located at Plano shopping center Legacy West, has closed the book for good. The location was a combination bookstore and restaurant, a limited-edition concept for the national chain and the only one in the Dallas-Fort Worth market.
2. West Texas destination steakhouse with ranch cabins beckons for rustic weekend getaway. Located in Buffalo Gap, a small town just south of Abilene, Perini Ranch is a relaxed, rural, and secluded getaway less than three hours from Dallas. The expansive property gives cooped-up Dallasites the chance to enjoy fresh air and wide-open West Texas skies.
3. An ode to California Pizza Kitchen whose Dallas location has closed. A longtime pizzeria in Dallas' Preston Center that sowed the seeds of a pizza transformation has closed: California Pizza Kitchen, the California-based upscale pizza chain, has closed its location in Preston Center.
4. Dallas designer's million-dollar listing boasts Bluffview address with Hamptons feel. A beautiful Bluffview home was precisely planned by its designer-owner to reflect the style and feel of a Hamptons estate, and now the serene retreat is seeking a new owner. The 3,403-square-foot home at 4307 Bluffview Blvd. features three bedrooms and four bathrooms. But that's just the bones.
5. Dallas home decor store with loyal following closes the curtains after 2 decades. Wisteria, the much-loved Dallas luxury home furnishings and decor brand, is calling it quits after nearly two decades. "After 19 rewarding years, our journey is coming to an end," the company wrote in an email to customers and posted on social media June 29. "Wisteria.com, along with our retail stores and outlet, will soon be closing down permanently."