This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Storied Dallas Tex-Mex restaurant finds new home in McKinney. A Tex-Mex restaurant that recently closed its only branch in Dallas will arise anew in McKinney: El Corazon de Tejas, late of Oak Cliff, will open a location at 1222 N. Central Expy. in a former El Chico's, which closed in June.
2. Former Dallas Maverick Shawn Marion lists his slam-dunk Preston Hollow home. You may not be a basketball star, but now you can have the chance to live like one. Former Dallas Mavericks player Shawn Marion has just put his Preston Hollow mega-modern estate at 4512 Isabella Ln. on the market. Rogers Healey and Veronica Lind have it listed for $5.95 million.
3. West Dallas complex shuts down chef-driven Spanish restaurant. No more daily paella at Trinity Groves, as the West Dallas restaurant incubator complex has shut down Casa Rubia, the acclaimed Spanish restaurant starring chef Omar Flores. The restaurant's final service was July 22.
4. Prowl secret underground tunnels at this illicit casino west of Dallas. Arlington has no shortage of tourist destinations, but one of my favorites is one of the most offbeat: Top O' Hill Terrace, a former gambling den that's now home to a Baptist college on the western edge of Arlington.
5. It’s hopscotch and tacos in Uptown Dallas at new playground-themed bar. A new Uptown Dallas bar is taking fun and games to the next level. The appropriately named Playground Bar will open at 2908 McKinney Ave., in the former Next Door space, with a relaxed atmosphere that doesn't try too hard.