This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. World’s No. 2 restaurant owners dine at East Dallas favorite. You're behind the No. 2 restaurant in the world, and you have the opportunity to eat one meal in Dallas. Where do you go? The answer is Vietnamese restaurant Mot Hai Ba, which became the lunchtime destination of the three brothers behind El Celler de Can Roca, in Girona, Spain.
2. Four Dallas restaurants rank among best in South — and not the ones you expect. Southern Living recently declared its picks for the 100 best restaurants in the South, and CBD Provisions, Casa Rubia, San Salvaje and Fearing's all made the cut. Based on that, you can probably tell this list comprises the new as well as the tried-and-true.
3. Ex-employee takes protest to the streets outside Old Warsaw restaurant. Dallas isn't ordinarily a striking kind of town, but that's not stopping Michelle Charkowicz, a restaurant worker who's conducting a one-woman campaign for a better work environment. According to Charkowicz, she worked for owner Al Heidari from July 15 to August 4 and was never paid. He disputes her claim.
4. Cafe Momentum restaurant finds permanent home in downtown Dallas. Previously a roving pop-up, this charitable restaurant concept, which serves as a culinary training facility for disadvantaged youth, will build a permanent brick-and-mortar restaurant at 1510 Pacific Ave., in Thanks-Giving Square. Cafe Momentum will be on the ground floor of a seven-story downtown parking garage.
5. Bachelor bride Catherine Lowe turns passion for love notes into heartfelt business. She won the heart of Dallas heartthrob Sean Lowe on ABC’s The Bachelor with the help of her clever little love notes. Now Mrs. Catherine Lowe has turned her affinity into a business called C. Lowe by Scarlet & Gold, a collection of cards and accessories adorned with cute phrases penned by the Bachelor bride herself.