This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Dallas' Slipper Club makes a social splash with epic pool party. More than 200 members and friends of the Slipper Club of Dallas recently attended a fiesta-themed pool party, where they enjoyed frosé, inflatable unicorns, and beats by DJ Blake Ward.
2. A huge number of renters plan to leave Dallas — here's where they're going. More than two-thirds of renters in Dallas are looking at fleeing the city, and many of them are eyeing a move to the Mile High City, according to a new survey by Apartment List.
3. Steakhouse chain shuts down two restaurants north of Dallas. The churn at the Texas Land & Cattle steakhouse chain continues with the closure of two Dallas-area locations in August: the Frisco branch at 3919 Preston Rd., and the location in Fairview, at 131 Stacy Rd. A staffer confirmed that those two branches were closed on August 1.
4. Forget Marfa: 5 quirky weekend getaways just a few hours from Dallas. Whether you’re not about that seven-and-a-half-hour drive out west or you’ve had it up to here with all the hype, Marfa is far from your only option when you’re looking for a unique weekend getaway. There’s plenty of quirk out there that makes for one-of-a-kind escapes. Here are five spots we recommend adding to your travel bucket list.
5. Vegan eatery brings quick, healthy grab-and-go to North Dallas. The to-go vegan eatery Nature's Plate, which debuted in Lake Highlands in 2014, is opening a second location at the key North Dallas intersection of Preston and Forest Roads. It's going into Preston Forest Square at 11811 Preston Rd., on the northwest quadrant and next to Run On, with a target date of December.