This Week's Hot Headlines
Dallas-area housing market takes ugly turn in this week's 5 most popular stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. This Dallas suburb's housing market is 'turning ugly,' indicates new report. By one measure, the housing market in one Dallas suburb is not sitting pretty. It ranks 33rd on a new list of the 50 U.S. housing markets that are “turning ugly.” A spot on the list indicates that conditions are ripe for a housing downturn.
2. Dallas gets a fabulous new tiki lounge on Greenville Avenue. In the biggest tiki news since the demise of Trader Vic's, Dallas is in line to get its own dedicated tiki lounge, from a couple that are the royalty of tiki culture in town. Called Swizzle, it's a new bar-in-the-making coming to Lower Greenville.
3. Dallas-Houston high-speed train hires company to do the design and build. The high-speed train between Dallas and Houston is still not officially official — but now it has a builder. Texas Central, the developer of the Texas Bullet Train, has signed a contract with one of the largest civil engineering contractors in the world.
4. Dallas-Fort Worth's most festive holiday market returns with an extra gift for 2019. Shoppers now can raise their peppermint lattes to toast some good news: the Texas Christkindl Market is coming back. And it's unwrapping a new feature.
5. Cane Rosso veterans open new Italian restaurant in downtown Dallas. The pizza is landing in downtown Dallas: Partenope Ristorante, the Southern Italian restaurant going into the historic Titche-Goettinger Building at 1900 Main St. at the northeast corner of St. Paul Street, has arrived.