This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note:Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. How to get into the State Fair of Texas on the cheap. Associate editor Alex Bentley shares the ins and outs of discount days at the 2013 State Fair of Texas. Offers include senior discounts, McDonald's coupons, Dr Pepper deals and Coca-Cola Thursdays. As Big Tex says, paying full price is for suckers.
2. Best neighborhood eats: 6 hot restaurants in Dallas Design District. The latest installment in our special series on the best neighborhood restaurants examines up-and-coming haunts in the Dallas Design District. Senior editor Teresa Gubbins has high praise for Ascension, FT33, Oak and Pakpao, among others.
3. Hillstone restaurant carries drinking torch proudly in Preston Center. Although Preston Center isn't known for heavy drinking, it does offer a certain appeal. "Hillstone is a place that, due to price point, ensures that everyone there will keep it decidedly adult, with some light conversation around the bar about IRAs, getting a round of golf in this weekend, or your upcoming trip to St. Thomas," writes Jonathan Rienstra.
4. Savor at Klyde Warren Park leads record-breaking week of Dallas restaurant openings. This week was a big one for foodies, as a handful of buzzy restaurants opened in Dallas, including an official ramen shop and Klyde Warren Park’s new restaurant, Savor. Check out our chronological rundown for all the details.
5. Porn star encourages hookers to get sugar daddies on new Dallas billboard. If you’ve driven along Interstate 30 south of DFW Airport recently, it’s possible that you have seen a new billboard encouraging prostitutes to get out of the hustle and onto the sugar daddy site ArrangementFinders.com. And while that’s a bold strategy, the website upped the ante by putting Charlie Sheen’s ex-girlfriend and former goddess Bree Olson on the billboard.