This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. The go-to list of every hot Dallas restaurant opening for fall 2014 and beyond. Senior editor Teresa Gubbins breaks down the Dallas foodie scene like no one else can. Check out her roundup of all the must-eat restaurants opening now and in the near future.
2. Ebola moves into crisis mode with revelations from nurses about hospital procedures. The nation's largest nurses' union cataloged a list of failures at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, and a second Texas Health Presbyterian nurse, Amber Joy Vinson, tested positive for Ebola October 14, the day after she flew back to Dallas from Cleveland.
3. $215 million resort will bring world's longest indoor ski run to North Texas. If all goes according to plan, the Dallas suburb of Grand Prairie will have a grand new addition in 2018. Dubbed The Grand Alps, the $215 million development is an indoor ski resort and hotel that will sit on a massive, 350,000-square-foot property off Interstate 30 and Belt Line Road.
4. Ex-NFL quarterback and UT star puts Texas home on market at reduced price. Quarterback Vince Young is selling his Houston home at a reduced price: $815,000. The 4,323-square-foot house originally went on the market in July for $849,000 after the Houston native filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.
5. Fair Park to get superhero makeover with the Marvel Experience. Any movie fan knows that Marvel Comics is slowly but surely taking over the film industry, and come next January, Marvel will continue its quest for world domination by making Dallas the center of the Marvel universe.