Links We Love
Starbucks Frappuccino fight, Applebee's NYE party and more links we love
Editor's note:There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. Missouri bar responds to cease-and-desist notice from Starbucks with epic letter and $6 check. You'd think that headline gave it all away, but the full story is even more satisfying. The Exit Six Pub and Brewery in Cottleville, Missouri didn't bow down when the almighty Starbucks threatened to sue over a beer called "Frappicino." The tiny pub stood tall in the form of fantastic, sarcastic multi-page response.
2. Applebee's is serving a $375-per-person feast on New Year's Eve. Casual-dining (and frequent joke punchline) Applebee's is upping the ante for NYE in NYC. The chain's Time Square location boasts "a night to remember" at the handsome price of $375 per-person. That's a high price to pay for a buffet, but there's also an open bar, a house DJ and party favors. Pass the whiskey-flavored steak sauce, please.
3. These guys ended up ordering too much pizza, and they handled it in the best way. You remember Jared Guynes, right? The party mastermind behind the upcoming February fete at Gilley's featuring Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Vanilla Ice, Coolio, and Sir-Mix-A-Lot? Well, aparently Jared doesn't just plan parties — he also helps deliver pizza to the homeless in Dallas.
4. New web suffixes set to enter market. The times they are a' changin. The Internet is poised to enter the .anything future by the end of January. That means the everpresent .com will be something you tell your grandkids about one day. In addition to domains ending in .tattoo or .fly, there will be non-English words and characters.
5. What is your animal soulmate? Look, it's the end of the year. And there are just so many lists. But in the midst of all this reflecting and projecting, sometimes you simply need to sit down, take a breath and figure out what your spirit animal is. I got the Sunda Colugo, which is a flying lemur. It's so right that it's kinda blowing my mind.