read all about it
Actor Kateri Cale, hot restaurants and outrageous real estate: The 5 most popular stories this week
Editor's note: Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. How Dallas actress Kateri Cale got bestselling author Patricia Cornwell to buy her dinner. It's not just a catchy headline. Cale's got the story to back it up, as well as a host of other interesting anecdotes from appearing in productions across Dallas-Fort Worth for 20 years. Cale is a producing partner at Echo Theatre and one hell of an interviewee.
2. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 hot restaurants for February. With all that January asceticism behind us and Valentine's Day looming ahead, February is about romance, excess, and lots and lots of chocolate. Expert selections from senior editor Teresa Gubbins include Samar, Peak & Elm and Pop Diner.
3. Four Texas cities rank among most romantic in U.S., but top spot is a shocker. Spoiler alert: According to OpenTable, the most romantic city in America is … San Antonio. Dallas, Houston and Austin also made the cut. San Francisco and New Orleans did not.
4. Dallas now has the most expensive house for sale in the country. In addition to being W’s hometown, Dallas now has a new distinction: It is home to the most expensive piece of dirt on the market in the United States. For that honor, we can thank Cinda and Tom Hicks, who put their 42,500-square-foot Crespi Estate on the market, which sits on 25 acres in the prime of Preston Hollow.
5. The ultimate drinking guide to the exploding North Texas craft beer scene. It seems a new brewery pops up each month, and the existing ones roll out a new beer every few weeks. Quite frankly, we're overwhelmed. But this is the best kind of problem to have, and we know just how to fix it. Pop the top of your favorite beverage while you peruse our list of local brews and breweries.