This week's hot headlines
Deep Ellum restaurant closure tops this week's 5 most-read Dallas stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Longtime Mexican restaurant in Deep Ellum closes, breastaurant on the way. A longtime Mexican restaurant in Deep Ellum has closed: Maracas Cocina Mexicana, which has been in business at 2914 Main St. in one form or another since 1992, closed on November 25, to be replaced with another concept whose identity is still to be (officially) announced.
2. Affluent Dallas suburb leads list of lavish holiday spending budgets in U.S. As the most wonderful time of the year approaches, holiday shopping budgets are in the spotlight, and a study from WalletHub lists Flower Mound as one of the top cities where Santa doesn't need a whole lot of help.
3. Dallas-Fort Worth jingles all the way to a top spot on new list of most festive U.S. places. As Dallas-Fort Worth residents start to decorate their homes and view spectacular Christmas lights all around town, we might take for granted that our Yuletide cheer is one of the best in the country. In fact, one recent study names DFW the No. 2 most festive metro area in the U.S.
4. Favorite 'Yellowstone' cowboy to greet fans at North Texas whiskey shindig. Yellowstone star sightings are becoming weekly occurrences around Dallas-Fort Worth, and here comes a new chance to mingle with a fan favorite: Forrie J. Smith, who plays old-timer ranch hand Lloyd Pierce, is coming to Oak & Eden Whiskey's flagship nano-distillery in Bridgeport on Saturday, December 3.
5. Where to eat on Christmas 2022 at Dallas restaurants. Restaurants are already cooking up options for Christmas, whether you're looking to dine out or grab something to take home. This list has a little bit of everything: places that are open on Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, or places doing take-out only.