This week's hot headlines
Dallas' buzziest bargain suburbs top this week's 5 most popular stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that listhere.
1. 3 Dallas neighbors make list of the buzziest bargain suburbs in the U.S. Life in Dallas may not be as affordable as it used to. But three cities in the DFW area are still a bargain, according to a new report on "The Top 20 Fastest-Growing Affordable U.S. Suburbs."
2. Dallas-Fort Worth warms up as the 4th best winter vacation spot in U.S. Somewhere between the arctic blast that recently chilled the state and the triple digit temperatures of the last few months, Dallas-Fort Worth emerged as one of the top destinations for winter vacationers looking for a warm place to spend their holidays.
3. EVO Entertainment hits a strike with new movie/bowling center in Dallas. Dallas is getting a dynamic new entertainment destination via EVO Entertainment Prestonwood, a new venue combining movie theater, bowling center, and games arcade, opening in the Work/Shop Dallas complex at 5409 Belt Line Rd.
4. Famed Viet-Cajun restaurant with spicy seafood makes TX debut in Arlington. A Louisiana-based concept known for Viet-Cajun boiled crawfish and fresh seafood is coming to Dallas-Fort Worth: Called Big EZ Seafood and Oyster Bar, it's opening in Arlington.
5. Thousands celebrate World Champs Texas Rangers at parade in Arlington. It was time for celebration in Arlington, when an estimated half-million people turned out for a parade on November 3 in the Entertainment District to honor the Texas Rangers, who won the first World Series championship in club history on November 1.