Healthy Eating News
New location of buzzy healthy restaurant Flower Child blooms in Plano
A popular restaurant concept from a hospitality mastermind is opening in Plano. Flower Child, the fast-casual healthy-centric restaurant that's part of Arizona-based Fox Restaurant Concepts, is opening a location at the Preston Park Colonnade Shopping Center, at 2101 Preston Rd., in a former Verizon Wireless on the same northwest corner of Park as Whole Foods Market.
According to a release, it'll open in late 2023.
Flower Child is known for its menu with customizable bowls, wraps, salads, different mix-and-match veggies, grains, fruits, and healthy proteins, catering to multiple dietary preferences including and especially vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free.
The menu will feature fan-favorite dishes such as:
- Mother Earth Bowl with ancient grains, sweet potato, portobello mushroom, avocado, cucumber, broccoli pesto, charred onion, leafy greens, red pepper miso vinaigrette, and hemp seed;
- Gluten-Free Mac & Cheese, which they describe as infamously creamy with aged white cheddar and parmesan
- Chicken Enchiladas with guajillo chile, smoked gouda, poblano cream, organic black bean, roasted corn, and avocado
- Flying Avocado Wrap with smoked turkey, gouda, romaine, tomato, and avocado hummus
- Brussels Sprouts & Organic Kale Salad with red grape, organic apple, pink grapefruit, white cheddar, smoked almond, and apple cider vinaigrette.
The concept also has a infectiously sunny, upbeat environment.
They currently have four locations in Dallas — Inwood Village, Addison, Preston-Royal, and Rosewood Court on Cedar Spring Road — plus another in Fort Worth, making this the sixth location in North Texas.
There are also locations in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Maryland, Nevada, North Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Washington D.C.
Fox Restaurant Concepts was founded by Sam Fox, who opened his first restaurant in Tucson in 1998, and has since created numerous brands such as Culinary Dropout, North Italia, Zinburger, Blanco Cocina + Cantina, Doughbird, and The Henry.