Ice House beer garden and golf lounge swing into PGA Frisco Resort
PGA Frisco, the golf-themed entertainment district located in, yes, Frisco, is welcoming two new dining concepts, including a buzzy Austin-style beer garden and a lounge.
Located at 3255 PGA Pkwy., they offer a casual, indoor/outdoor venue, to as well as indoor space featuring simulated golf.
PGA Frisco is the public/private partnership between the PGA of America, Omni Hotels & Resorts, the City of Frisco, and the Frisco Independent School District. The campus includes golf courses, Omni hotel, and the Monument Realty PGA District, an entertainment and retail zone.
On to the new venues!
Ice House is a casual indoor/outdoor beer garden open for lunch and dinner daily with frozen drinks, draft beers, BBQ, and burgers.
Monument Realty PGA District executive chef Adam Solowitz describes it as "a space meant for families and friends to kick back and relax, play games, sip on cold drinks and enjoy delicious food meant to be shared."
They have an in-house pitmaster, along with frozen margaritas, spiked iced tea, and lemonade. Menu highlights include
- Smoked meat plate - half pound of smoked ribs, sausage, brisket, or chicken
- Smothered fries with choice of smoked meat, brazos gouda, fennel slaw, sour pickle, chipotle-pineapple kewpie
- Pitmaster Burger with slaw, bacon jam, fried onion, pepper jack, kewpie, on brioche bun
Chopped Salad contains iceberg, Romaine, avocado, river whey bleu, cherry tomato, pickled onion, charred corn, and blackberry vinaigrette. Dessert is a Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwich.
"Texas-sized" frozen drinks include the Frozen Transfusion with Tito's Handmade Vodka, Owen's Transfusion mix, and concord grape juice; and the Frozen Palmer with Deep Eddy Lemon Vodka and Kelvin Slush Citrus plus tea mix.
Regular cocktails include the Dirty Shirley with Tito's Handmade Vodka, Liber & Co. grenadine syrup, lemon-lime soda, and cherry popsicle.
There's seating for 300 inside and outside, overlooking the Toptracer driving ranch and The Swing short course; yard games including cornhole and connect four; and six hitting bays with Toptracer technology and stunning views.
Lounge by Topgolf
The Lounge by Topgolf is an indoor elevated sports bar equipped with Topgolf Swing Suite technology and a library of virtual games. The menu includes craft cocktails, chef-driven fare, in a atmosphere designed to be fun for golfers and non-golfers alike.
The menu features salads, pizzas, local draft beer, and elevated cocktails. According to chef Solowitz, they pulled inspiration for the menu from popular foods where golf courses are located around the world.
- Deviled Eggs with pickled beets, pork belly and harissa remoulade
- Queso Fundido - chorizo, heirloom tomato, pickled onion, pepitas
- Green Pea Hummus - labneh, spring vegetables, dukkha, served with grilled naan
- Smokehouse Pizza - house BBQ sauce, brisket, brazos smoked gouda, escabeche
- SmashBurger - brazos cheddar, LTO, pub sauce, on a brioche bun
- Salmon - served with couscous, pea puree, vadouvan, tzatziki
Cocktails include the Rabbit Hole in One, with Rabbit Hole Boxer Grail Rye, Amaro Montenegro, Liber & Co. Caramelized Fig Syrup, black walnut bitters, and Filthy Black Cherry.
Games offered include hockey, golf, and bowling with simulation bays for small gatherings with friends and family.
The space seats 200 people and features modern interpretations of traditional golf elements. It's also open daily for lunch and dinner.
The restaurants are part of PGA Frisco's 660-acre campus, combining playability, practice, and fun programming, centered on The Home of the PGA, and which includes:
- Fields Ranch, with two 18-hole championship golf courses and a state-of-the-art clubhouse
- Omni PGA Frisco Resort, with 500 guest rooms, suites, 10 four-bedroom villa-style Ranch Houses, three pools, a spa, and a meeting/event space
- Monument Realty PGA District, which features The Swing, a lighted 10-hole short course; The Dance Floor, a lighted 2-acre putting course; and a retail and entertainment district, including outdoor area for concerts and events.
- The Jerry J. Ransom Northern Texas PGA Golf House.