This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. You’ve never had shaved ice like the stuff at this East Dallas stand. One Dallas food group that could use a serious makeover is shaved ice — and here comes Ruby's Sno-balls to the rescue, a new stand opening in East Dallas the first week of July.
2. The official list of top 4th of July events around Dallas-Fort Worth. Celebrating the Fourth of July around Dallas-Fort Worth is easy, as the wealth of parties big and small leads to an embarrassment of riches when it comes to event choices. These are the biggest and best ones for your oohing — er, viewing — pleasure.
3. Big-name Dallas chefs sign on with Plano's trendy new food hall. Legacy Hall, a booming new food hall from Jack Gibbons and Randy DeWitt of Front Burner Restaurants (Velvet Taco, Whiskey Cake, Mexican Sugar), is opening in Plano and has signed up a slew of high-profile Dallas restaurateurs.
4. Crafty new Irish pub fulfills all kinds of needs for downtown Dallas. An essential category of bar is debuting in downtown Dallas: the Irish pub. Crafty Irishman Public House will open in fall 2016 in the Mercantile building on Main Street.
5. Young professionals may fight over this $190,000 downtown Dallas condo. Listed at just under $200,000, unit 905 at Soco Urban Lofts, located at 1122 Jackson St. in downtown Dallas, was so affordable that it's already under contract. And while it's compact at 933 square feet, it's really all a young professional needs.