Dumpster pools, hot restaurants and Dwight Howard top 5 most popular stories this week
Editor's note:Another week has come and gone, and there's a lot we all probably missed. But we're looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Dumpster pools to make summer splash in Dallas Design District. On August 10, the Design District Market will feature a custom-built dumpster pool, replete with a wooden deck and chlorinated water. The pool will take center stage at the event with a parking spot in front of the Dallas Contemporary.
2. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 hot restaurants for July. This month, we've made a list of restaurants around Dallas-Fort Worth that do the best job at cooking seasonally. Bolsa, Cafe Modern and Fearing's all made the cut.
3. The official guide to rocking the Fourth of July in Dallas-Fort Worth. Did you have a fantastic fourth? Hopefully our curated list of fireworks and festivals helped you and yours make the most of the mid-week holiday. Our staff is always scoping out the best events around Dallas. Bookmark our calendar today and become your friends' weekend savior tomorrow.
4. The Grape's Brian Luscher to open new Dallas restaurant. Chef Brian Luscher has signed a lease for a new restaurant near Baylor Hospital called Luscher's. The restaurant is located at 3001 Gaston Ave., across the street from the Elbow Room, in a cool brick building that was previously home to Big E's Food & Beverage and a string of short-lived businesses before that.
5. An open letter to Dwight Howard. As much as we'd all love to see another big man in the mix for the Mavs, sports columnist Matthew Postins had a few conditions that needed to be met in order for Dwight Howard to make his home in Dallas next season. As fate would have it, Howard isn't coming to Big D. Time will tell whether we dodged a bullet or missed the gravy train.