Links We Love
Editor's note: There's so much that's beautiful, funny, smart and informative on the Internet. Problem is, there's also a bunch of garbage. Here's the best of the web right now:
1. This 41-shot ping ping rally is mesmerizing. You don't have to be a table tennis expert to recognize the skill in this epic ping pong rally. All the action comes from the semifinals of the Commonwealth Games, which opened in Glasgow earlier this month.
2. Shirtless ninja and other missed connections from Comic-Con. It's hard to meet people these days, especially when you're covered from head to toe in superhero garb. Several would-be lovers posted missed connections from San Diego's Comic-Con, and the postings are about as entertaining as you'd expect.
3. Batkid Begins releases official trailer. Speaking of superheroes, you may recall the name Miles Scott, aka Batkid. The crime (and cancer) fighting kiddo is the subject of a new documentary, provided the crowdfunding comes through.
4. Washington, D.C. baby boom reveals what everyone was doing during government shutdown. Nine months after the government shutdown took place, the hospitals in our nation's capital are welcoming 32.6 percent more babies than average for July.
5. This girl is getting over her ex-boyfriend with a little help from Beyoncé. Sure, we all count on Queen Bey to belt out the ballads that keep us strong after a breakup. But one heartbroken fan is taking her post-breakup reliance on Beyoncé to the next level by Photoshopping Beyoncé's face over her ex-boyfriend's on a Tumblr titled "Beyoncify My Boyfriend."