Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Untouched Dallas house for sale from the '50s is a wood-paneled temple. Times are tough lately for Dallas Redfin-watchers who love '50s homes for sale that are still in original, untouched condition. But hark — there's a house for sale in East Dallas that has not yet been decimated by a "to the studs" update. Located at 10212 Pinecrest Dr., it's what the listing calls a "charming mid-century property," right between Casa Linda and Casa View, and is surely paradise if you love you some wood paneling.
2. Bennigan's Monte Cristo sandwich now served at 2 Dallas-area ghost kitchens. A once-popular Dallas-based chain is getting a revival, beginning first with baby steps. Bennigan's, the Irish-pub-styled neighborhood tavern, has opened two ghost kitchen operations in DFW called Bennigan's On The Fly, that are serving a concise menu of Bennigan's classics including the famed Monte Cristo sandwich.
3. Magnificent mansion next to 'Mount Vernon' on White Rock Lake listed for $12M. A stunning, resort-style mansion next to the iconic "Mount Vernon" estate on Dallas' White Rock Lake went on the market Friday, February 17 for $11,995,000. Situated on a 1.49-acre gated lot at 4033 W. Lawther Dr., the 10,000+ square foot home - with dreamy views and ultra-luxurious interior and exterior appointments - is represented by Ryan Streiff of Dave Perry-Miller.
4. Brazilian steakhouse skewers Dallas-Fort Worth with debut in Grapevine. A new Brazilian steakhouse is coming to Dallas-Fort Worth: Called Chama Gaucha, it's a San Antonio-based churrascaria concept opening its first location in North Texas, at 4025 William D. Tate Ave. in Grapevine. It's opening Saturday, February 25.
5. First-of-its-kind Hill Country resort blends acclaimed Texas winery, brewery, and spa. When he’s a beer-loving outdoor enthusiast and she’s a wine-loving spa junkie, agreeing on plans for a quick Hill Country getaway can be tricky. So a new(ish) Hill Country resort with a vacation trifecta - winery, brewery, and spa - beckoned to our writer for a weekend away. Carter Creek Winery, Resort & Spa stands high on a hill overlooking U.S. Hwy. 290, in Johnson City.