Calgon, Take Me Away
5 spa indulgences to escape the stress of the holidays
Who doesn't crave a little relaxation during the busiest — and therefore most stressful — season? Between the gift-buying excursions, holiday parties and must-get-done-before-the-end-of-the-year list, we are all feeling the squeeze.
Thankfully, a few of our favorite Dallas spas feel your holiday pain. Go ahead and indulge during December with these seasonal spa packages and take some much-needed time for yourself.
The Ritz-Carlton Spa
Through December 31, the Ritz is offering new detoxifying treatments, available during extended hours. At the top of our list are the Chai Soy Mud Wrap ($175) and the Thai Herbal Poultice Massage ($225). As an additional treat, you receive a signature spa gift for every gift card you purchase.
With the purchase of a Merry and Bright Facial ($75) through December 31, you help owner Faryn Clark reach the goal of providing 100 lights to families in Zambia through the Empowered By Light organization. For every skin lightening-and-brightening treatment, one solar-powered LED light will be given to a family in Zambia currently living in darkness.
Hiatus Spa + Retreat
Just as the name suggests, Hiatus feels like a retreat from the harried holidays. Choose from one of the following packages, suited to every stress level and pocketbook, available through December 31:
- Hiatus Trio ($239), with Hiatus massage, customized facial and mani-pedi
- Party Perfect ($179), with perfecting facial and peel, eco-gel manicure, revitalizing eye treatment, and lip-plumping treatment
- Holiday Helper ($199), with 80-minute stress fix massage, sole reflexology and Aveda take-away stress package
- Body + Soul Hiatus ($329), with a signature body treatment, Stone Fusion Body Glow, customized Hiatus facial and hot-stone spa pedicure
We like the options at Exhale because the spa is committed to restorative treatments for mind and body. Plus you can load up a gift card with one of the following packages:
- Balance ($130), with Fusion massage and one mind-body class
- Indulge ($310), with Fusion massage, True facial and Pure mani-pedi
- Evolve ($345), with Evolve mind-body 10-pack and Fusion massage
- Transform ($530), with mind-body 10-pack, Fusion massage, True facial and Pure mani-pedi
Luxe Stoneleigh Hotel & Spa
The Holiday Splendor ($200) package, valid through January 6, is a sure way to unwind. Indulge in two of the following services — Urban Detox facial, Simply Swedish massage, or Uptown mani-pedi — and get lunch and a drink during your visit. Bonus: If you donate a gift for Toys for Tots at the spa's drop site by December 19, you get 20 percent off your purchase.