Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Jerry Jones buys $250 million superyacht that’s as long as a football field. Jerry Jones, the high-flying billionaire owner of the Dallas Cowboys, lassoed one heck of a Christmas gift: a $250 million, helipad-equipped superyacht bearing the name of his wife. Websites that cover the yachting industry report that Jones took delivery of a nearly 360-foot, Dutch-built yacht on December 20 somewhere in Scandinavia.
2. Dallas Zoo is named the third worst zoo for elephants in the U.S. Two Texas zoos have earned a spot on a national list — but this is one list they probably won't be touting. The Dallas Zoo and the Caldwell Zoo in Tyler both made the 2018 list of the "10 Worst Zoos For Elephants in North America," an annual list that ranks zoos' treatment of captive elephants.
3. Turtle Creek home tour showcases famous mansion from Real Housewives of Dallas. The 2019 Turtle Creek Tour of Homes will satisfy some pop-culture curiosity when doors open to a house that got its own storyline on The Real Housewives of Dallas: Stephanie and Travis Hollman will let the public peek inside their $5 million mansion. On Season 2 of Real Housewives, Travis famously purchased the home behind Stephanie's back.
4. Coney Island hot dog shop brings taste of Tulsa to Dallas-Fort Worth. A legendary Tulsa restaurant that's been in existence for nearly a century is expanding to Dallas-Fort Worth. Called Coney Island Hot Weiners, it's a beloved Tulsa landmark specializing in hot dogs and will open a location in Rockwall in January.
5. Glorious '50s retro round house in East Texas can be had for a song. There's a very cool house on the market for those who love unique houses from the 1950s — as long as you're willing to move to a small town in East Texas. The house is at 408 N. Main St. in Gladewater — population 6,408 — 116 miles east of Dallas, northeast of Tyler, and a few miles west of Longview.