This Week's Hot Headlines
Hot Dallas neighborhoods top this week's 5 most popular stories
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. The 3 hottest Dallas-area neighborhoods to buy a house right now. Home sales in Plano are sizzling, thanks in no small part to large companies like Toyota moving their headquarters there. Sales are so hot, in fact, that one Plano neighborhood is the most popular in Dallas-Fort Worth, at least according to Redfin.
2. Mod midcentury home comes in under $250,000 so close to White Rock Lake. Many homes identify as midcentury modern, but the house at 2005 Saint Francis Ave. — already under contract! — takes its descriptor very seriously. Vintage touches run throughout, with clever contemporary updates snuck in here and there to add functionality without losing that mod overall feel.
3. Alamo Drafthouse raises the curtain on downtown Dallas theater. It's been a long wait for fans of Alamo Drafthouse and film in general, but movies finally return to downtown Dallas with the soft opening of Alamo's Cedars location on Friday, February 12.
4. Galleria Dallas waves goodbye to only U.S. outpost of popular British brand. After a nearly three-year run in Dallas, Aftershock London has closed its only U.S. location. The British brand, known for glam clothing and accessories at an affordable price, first opened in Dallas at the Plaza at Preston Center in May 2013 and relocated to Galleria Dallas in late 2014. It closed quietly in January.
5. Novel Dallas sandwich shop clinches dream location downtown. Dallas-based chain Bread Zeppelin, known for its novel approach to sandwiches, will finally have a store in Dallas proper when a branch opens in the very center of downtown this fall.