This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Longtime rock club in Dallas' Deep Ellum to close after 20 years. One of the oldest and longest-running live-music clubs in Deep Ellum is pulling the plug. Curtain Club, which has been open at 2800 Main St. for more than 20 years, will close on June 30.
2. Uptown Dallas bar transforms itself into Game of Thrones museum. If you're a walking, breathing human being, you surely know that April 14 is the premiere of HBO's Game of Thrones, which is, tragically, now on its final season. To mark the occasion, Ill Minster Pub has transformed itself into a GoT museum of sorts.
3. Full schedule and gory details of Dallas' 2019 St. Patrick's Day parade. The leprechauns are working full time in anticipation of Dallas' annual St. Patrick's Day blow-out, with four back-to-back events that will take over Greenville Avenue on Saturday, March 16. Here's a minute-by-minute schedule, along with important details on road closures, best ways to get there, and where to go.
4. New bowling destination joins Grand Prairie's buzzy entertainment scene. The booming metropolis of Grand Prairie is in line for some bowling and dining. Main Event Entertainment, a Dallas-based chain of venues that combine bowling, dining, and entertainment, will open a location in Grand Prairie in late 2019.
5. Driver kills pedestrian in parking garage of Dallas' NorthPark Center. A pedestrian walking in the parking garage at NorthPark Center in Dallas was killed March 11 by a motorist who was driving too fast.