This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. New affordable hop-on jet service takes flight from Dallas Love Field. A hop-on jet service called JSX had sky-high expectations for its first flight out of its new private terminal at Dallas Love Field on June 19. The destination? Vegas, baby. This inaugural Dallas flight is just the beginning of what JSX hopes will be a successful relationship with Dallas jet-setters.
2. Saturday is final night for Hillstone's/Houston's Dallas on Addison restaurant row. After 40 years, a longtime staple on Addison's major restaurant strip has closed: Houston's Restaurant, part of the hugely popular upscale chain, closed its location at 5318 Belt Line Rd. Saturday, June 13 was its final night of service.
3. Drive-thru dinosaurs invade Fair Park for newest pandemic entertainment option. Jurassic Quest, the dinosaur exhibit that features life-size animatronic dinosaurs, is adapting to the coronavirus pandemic to offer a drive-thru experience in Dallas. Starting June 26, Jurassic Quest will set up camp outside the Tower Building at Fair Park, providing a 30-60 minute interactive experience with over 70 moving and roaring dinosaurs.
4. Dallas Design District shutter makes way for beloved Oak Lawn restaurant comeback. Bad news first: Foxyco, a Dallas Design District restaurant that was a sibling of Stock & Barrel in Oak Cliff, has closed, as in for good. Good news: Bellini's Italian Cafe, the longtime Oak Lawn neighborhood favorite, has returned and will take over the Foxyco space at 921 N. Riverfront Dr.
5. Play miniature golf indoors at fun new venue near Dallas' Sylvan Thirty. After a year in the making, a miniature golf course will open in Dallas, near the Sylvan Thirty complex in West Dallas. Called Another Round, it features 12 indoor miniature golf holes, plus a full bar, cocktails, and gourmet finger foods. Located in a former AC warehouse at 660 Fort Worth Ave., Another Round opened June 19.