UPDATE 8-25-2021: This weekend's Gary Clark Jr. concerts have been moved to House of Blues, per the Live Nation website, and will no longer be the inaugural shows at HiFi Dallas. The Leon Bridges show scheduled for September 11 at HiFi has been moved to Southside Ballroom. According to a Facebook post from opener Abraham Alexander, the change is due to construction delays at HiFi.
According to a release, the venue will open on August 29, coming out of the gate with a three-night stand, from August 29-31, by Texas singer-guitarist Gary Clark Jr.
A schedule with more than 20 artists is already confirmed that includes established touring artists as well as local musicians on the rise, from Utah alt-pop act The Aces to L.A. DJ act Boombox Cartel to rapper Princess Nokia, doing her first headlining tour. Tickets are now available at TheHiFiDallas.com, and more shows and details will be announced.
Located at 1323 N. Stemmons Fwy., HiFi is in a former warehouse/furniture store, next door to the Mavericks training facility, sort of "across the freeway" from American Airlines Center (on the west side of I-35 rather than east).
It's a two-story building with 25,000 square feet and capacity of 1,000. It's managed by Venue Nation, a newly created affiliate of Live Nation that is a venue management company with more 200 owned-and-operated venues. Venue Nation strives to provide a one-of-a-kind experience that includes food & beverage partnerships, VIP/premium seats, special event services, and more.
Sherri Sosa, who was appointed president of Venue Nation in April, says in a statement that they're excited to open the club which she says will provide a new platform for artists and bring more live music to Dallas.
"There is no other venue in the area that provides fans an intimate experience at every show the way The HiFi in Dallas does," Sosa says.
Features include an immersive sound system, a concert hall with an open floor surrounded by sound-enhanced walls and floors, and luminescent lighting that changes throughout the evening.
The HiFi Dallas also has an outdoor patio and parking hosted on-site, including optional valet, and rideshare access.
The HiFi Dallas Grand Opening Concert Lineup is as follows:
- Sunday, August 29-Tuesday August 31 – Gary Clark Jr.
- Thursday, September 9 – Omah Lay
- Wednesday, September 29 – Chet Faker with Thunder Jackson
- Thursday, September 30 – Noga Erez
- Saturday, October 2 – Princess Nokia
- Friday, October 8 – Sub Urban & Bella Poarch
- Friday, October 15 – Anderson East
- Saturday, October 16 – Andy Mineo
- Sunday, October 24 – Ruston Kelly with Margaret Glaspy
- Saturday, November 6 – Madison Beer
- Saturday, November 13 – Goose
- Friday, November 19 – Cory and the Wongnotes featuring Antwan Stanley
- Sunday, November 28 – CloZee with Of The Trees and Tripp St.
- Friday, December 3 – Boombox Cartel
- Saturday, December 18 – The Aces
- Sunday, January 9, 2022 – Mother Mother
- Monday, April 18, 2022 – Ashe