This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. 5 telltale signs of fake good service at Dallas restaurants. Some Dallas restaurants suffer from a kind of fake-good service model, where staffers step through certain defined actions that, on the surface, seem like good service — when they're really the opposite. Here are our five least-favorite fake-good service tricks.
2. Savvy Dallas restaurant team opens sleek poke restaurant on Fitzhugh. There's new poke place in town from a team that includes two of Dallas' most experienced restaurant players. Called Mamasan House of Poke, it's now softly open at 2818 N. Fitzhugh Ave., a former bank building just a block or so east of US-75.
3. 3 Dallas companies land on list of best workplaces for millennials. When it comes to keeping young professionals happy in the workplace, Dallas is doing a bang-up job. A new report released by Fortune magazine and Great Place to Work finds three Dallas companies, and a total of 11 Texas companies, among the top 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials 2018.
4. These popular Airbnb rentals are the most coveted in Texas. Looking to book your next summer getaway? How about a modern desert retreat with a breathtaking view of the Davis Mountains? Or maybe a funky loft with an Austin skyline view? Airbnb just released its report detailing the most desired properties in the 50 Texas cities in which it operates.
5. This Dallas neighborhood boasted the biggest profits for sellers in 2017. Dallas homeowners who sold their digs in 2017 made a pretty penny, especially in one hot 'hood. According to a new report from Zillow, the Dallas-Fort Worth housing market was one of a few in the U.S. where sellers profited enough from selling their home to cover their next down payment.