Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. New barbecue restaurant opens in North Dallas with wild kitchen setup. A new barbecue restaurant has opened in North Dallas with a unique kitchen setup. Called Blu's Barbeque, it opened in June at 17630 Preston Rd. in a cute building that used to be a barber shop, a few blocks north of Campbell Road.
2. Brand new African painted dog at Dallas Zoo gets killed by other dogs. Yet another animal has died at the Dallas Zoo: Ola, an 8-year-old female African painted dog who was moved to the zoo in June for breeding purposes, was killed by two other dogs with whom the zoo placed the female.
3. Eccentric pop star Billie Eilish extends tour to include Dallas date. Billie Eilish has extended her When We All Fall Asleep, World Tour to include three new fall dates, including a stop in Dallas on October 8 at American Airlines Center.
4. Herrera's Tex Mex makes triumphant return to north Dallas 'burbs. A beloved Tex-Mex restaurant has made a triumphant return to the northern 'burbs: Herrera's, one of Dallas' oldest Mexican favorites, has opened a location in Addison, at 4021 Belt Line Rd., in a space that was previously a Rio Mambo's, which closed in 2018.
5. New West End Square park in downtown Dallas schemes giant swings for adults. A parks group has unveiled a peek at its newest park project in downtown Dallas' West End. Called West End Square, it's a public park that'll take over what is currently a parking lot, encompassing a block between Record, Corbin, and Market streets, with The Spaghetti Warehouse building on the north and Ellen's Southern Kitchen on the south.