This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Dallas young professionals glam up for favorite autumn charity bash. When shoes are kicked off in the first 20 minutes, it's the sign of a fun night ahead. So the strappy stilettos abandoned at the edge of the dance floor at 9:20 pm perfectly foreshadowed things to come at the 2018 Dallas Autumn Ball.
2. Founder of Dallas restaurant Celebration dies in tragic Big Bend fall. Ed Lowe, the founder of Celebration, the beloved Dallas home-cooking restaurant on Lovers Lane, died in a tragic accident at Big Bend National Park. He was 69.
3. Dallas takes on Rockefeller Center with new Christmas tree show. Rockefeller Center, look out: The city of Dallas is hosting its own festive and celebrity-packed tree-lighting celebration in the plaza in front of City Hall.
4. Famed La Popular tamale house opens pop-up at Dallas foodie hot spot. In a move that will please tamale fans, one of Dallas' leading tamale players is launching a second pop-up location that will be open throughout the holidays.
5. Monet's beloved water lilies come to Dallas-Fort Worth in new blockbuster exhibition. The first exhibition in two decades dedicated to the final phase of Claude Monet’s career will come to Fort Worth's Kimbell Art Museum next year — and it includes more than 20 of his beloved water lily paintings.