This Week's Hot Headlines
Excellent restaurant recs and grand Dallas gala top 5 most popular stories this week
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Here's what North Texas will look like in the next 15 years. LawnStarter says that from 2015 to 2030, North Texas' population is predicted to grow by nearly 3 million people — that's more than the current population of the Tampa-St. Petersburg, Florida, metro area.
2. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 restaurants to take your out-of-town guests. December is the month for holidays, and for many people, holidays mean visitors from out of town. These are our suggestions for the best restaurants of the moment to take your out-of-town guests.
3. Best-dressed Dallas ladies radiate elegance at Crystal Charity Ball 2015. The Crystal Charity Ball, known as the grand finale of the fall social season in Dallas, also is famous for bringing out the city's best dressed philanthropists. Every year we can't wait to see what the ladies — and a few dapper gents — wear to the grand affair that raises funds for local children's charities.
4. 6 giftable goodies Dallasites should scoop up at Holiday Pop-Up Shop. On December 6, CultureMap hosted the Holiday Pop-Up Shop, where savvy shoppers picked up everything on their holiday gift list from some of the area's best local stores. Here's just a peek at some of the fun items found at the season's most glamorous shopping event.
5. You won't believe the lavish holiday budgets of these 3 North Texas cities. Personal finance website WalletHub recently revealed the maximum holiday budgets for 563 U.S. cities, and Texas snags 51 spots on the lengthy list. Even more jaw-dropping is that three of the 10 cities with the highest holiday budgets are in Dallas-Fort Worth.