This Week's Hot Headlines
Dallas' new french fry heaven heats up this week's most popular stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. New restaurant in Deep Ellum Dallas will be french fries all the time. French fries are about to rule Dallas and, eventually, all of Texas with the arrival of a new restaurant concept in Deep Ellum that's dedicated to french fries. Called Get Fried, it'll open at 2656 Main St. in early 2018.
2. This Uptown Dallas avenue is the 14th most expensive street in America. Fifth Avenue, Pennsylvania Avenue ... McKinney Avenue? According to professional services firm JLL, McKinney Avenue is the 14th most expensive stretch of real estate in the U.S., joining such famous streets as San Francisco's Sand Hill Road; New York City's Fifth Avenue; and Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, D.C.
3. 4 Dallas restaurants made this 100 Best Restaurants in America list. As the end of the year draws near, the lists are coming out, with the latest being a big "best restaurant" list from a popular foodie website. Yelp? No, not Yelp. So sorry. The site is OpenTable, the San Francisco-based online reservation site, and the list is the "100 Best Restaurants in America for 2017." Surprisingly, four are from Dallas.
4. The most spectacular Christmas light displays around Dallas this year. There's nothing more fun than loading the family into the car, stopping for hot chocolate, and driving through neighborhoods to see holiday lights. Here are some of the best Dallas-area commercial and neighborhood displays.
5. Dallas strikes big with new bowling restaurant in Deep Ellum. Dallas is on its way to becoming Bowling Central, with another new bowling restaurant concept coming to town. Called Punch Bowl Social, it's a Denver-based chain that has claimed a prized location in a long unoccupied space at the corner of Main Street and Good Latimer Freeway, where it will combine bowling alley, restaurant, and bar.