This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. The 11 best ways to party on New Year's Eve in Dallas-Fort Worth. New Year's Eve always includes some fantastic events around Dallas-Fort Worth at which revelers can dance, count down until midnight, and take in some spectacular fireworks. Presented here are some of your best options to bring in 2019 in style.
2. Best Dallas-Fort Worth restaurants for dining out on New Year's Eve 2018. When you say New Year's Eve, your thoughts may first turn to drinking, not dining. But there's more to life than champagne toasts. Many DFW restaurants are at the ready to make your final night of 2018 one filled with fun and food.
3. Celebrate New Year's Day 2019 brunch at these Dallas-Fort Worth restaurants. The 2019 version of New Year's Day falls on a Tuesday. But with New Year's Day, the day of the week doesn't really matter. It's New Year's Day, people. The celebration must continue. These restaurants are open on New Year's Day to help you get in the right frame of mind for 2019.
4. Dallas deemed one of the most affordable places to live and work in 2019. A new study indicates you can sock away some cash if you live and work in Big D. The study, done by BusinessStudent.com, puts Dallas at No. 22 among the country’s 25 most affordable places to live and work for 2019.
5. Dallas suburb builds new stadium for a favorite British sport. A local developer wants to import a sport famous around the world — cricket — to the Dallas area. McKinney-based Thakkar Developers plans to build a new 15,000-seat cricket stadium in Allen, to open in 2021. It will be the first professional cricket stadium in Texas.