This week's hot headlines
New subs and bagels rise to the top of this week's 5 most-read Dallas stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here. For the best Christmas lights, go here.
1. Florida sandwich chain brings its hot & cold subs to Dallas-Fort Worth. A sub sandwich restaurant chain founded in Florida is coming to Dallas-Fort Worth with two locations in the works. Called Jon Smith Subs, it's a chain known for its subs made fresh and novel French fries, and will debut in North Texas in mid-2023.
2. Artisanal authentic New York-style bagel shop rises in downtown Dallas. Downtown Dallas is due to get some authentic, artisanal bagels: Starship Bagel, an old-school bagel shop that serves New York-style bagels, specialty shmears, lox, and coffee, will open a shop at 1520 Elm St., along Stone Street Gardens, with a front-row view of The Eye sculpture.
3. Marathon and holiday trains make this a festive roundup of Dallas news. This roundup of news around Dallas included info about a festive new program by DART, an appointment at a local radio station, the re-naming of a city park, and an update on the annual marathon which is this weekend.
4. Where to shop in Dallas right now: 8 hot stores for gifts and more in December. Move over, Santa, we've got shopping to do. Dallas-area shoppers are big spenders at the holidays, and local stores are ready to deliver the goods. This month's Where to Shop column has holiday pop-ups, new stores, and more to make your gifting season merry and bright. Whether you're checking your list twice or treating yourself, here are eight great shops and events to check out in December.
5. Splendid Crystal Charity Ball 2022 whisks Dallas dreamers to Italy for a bella notte. Crystal Charity Ball 2022 brought Italian magnificence to Dallas' grandest gala. The annual black-tie gala, held Saturday, December 3, is the grand finale of the social season and benefits children's charities around the city. For the milestone 70th year of Crystal Charity Ball, the Hilton Anatole Hotel's foyer and ballroom were filled with the sights, sounds, and tastes of Italy.