This week's hot headlines
Famous doner kebab restaurant tops this week's 5 hottest Dallas headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that listhere. Heading to the State Fair? Find a full list of discounts here.
1. Famous doner kebab restaurant makes Dallas debut with location in Frisco. A big name in doner kebabs has come to Dallas-Fort Worth: German Doner Kebab, famous for pioneering gourmet doner kebabs in the UK and worldwide, opened its first location in Frisco, at 12025 E. University Dr. #100, on September 25.
2. Where to drink in Dallas right now: 5 best new happy hours. Maybe because it's fall or maybe because we're just lucky, but it's an especially rich time right now for happy hour offerings, with five spots that have either just debuted new happy hours (or are about to debut).
3. Art Institutes college chain shuts down all campuses, including Dallas. In tragic news for higher education, the Art Institutes, a network of colleges in eight cities around the U.S. including Dallas, is shutting down all campuses as of September 30.
4. A Bennigan's-inspired list of all the Monte Cristo sandwiches in Dallas. In the world of sandwiches, the name Bennigan's brings to mind one thing: their world-famous Monte Cristo. Here’s a comprehensive list of other places to get a Monte Cristo in DFW.
5. American doll store relocates flagship from one Dallas mall to another. The American Girl store is departing its current location at Galleria Dallas and relocating to The Shops at Park Lane where it will establish a new flagship in a two-story space between Nordstrom Rack and opposite HomeGoods. It will open in early 2024.