New retail concept with pop-up energy seduces travelers at DFW airport
With pop-ups still a big trend, a new beauty shop has opened at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport with a similarly impermanent strategy.
A release calls it a "first-of-its-kind" concept by The Estée Lauder Companies, stating that it's designed to be fluid so that everything — layout, signage, brands, and products — can be adapted.
For its opening, the concept spotlights four Estée Lauder brands: Becca, Too Faced, Bobbi Brown, and Glam Glow.
The release lists four reasons people shop for beauty products while traveling:
- "I forgot." This one's easy. You left in a hurry and did not bring your favorite lip balm.
- Destination. You specifically go to the airport because you love Estée Lauder. That totally happens.
- Hydration. Your hands are dry, and you want skin cream.
- Gifting. You're on the way to see your relatives and there are people for whom you still have not shopped.
With the holidays looming, gifting is the key word right now and the store is currently loading up its end-caps with holiday gifting suggestions so that you may find a present while on the go.
Some of those gift suggestions include:
- Glam Glow Super Mud, a clarifying mask that will instantly and visibly clear pores and clarify the complexion. Hmmm. For someone with clogged pores, that sounds like a godsend; but might your recipient also end up feeling defensive about his or her pore situation?
- There's a limited-edition trio of eye shadows from Becca with three finishes: Pearlescent, Luminous, and Matte. How does that conversation go? "Happy holidays, I think your eyelids need a little more pearlescence."
- There is a mascara by Too Faced called "Better Than Sex." It has an hourglass-shaped brush that the release says was "inspired by the curves of a woman’s body, with extra stiff bristles." This is definitely a mascara that has sex on the brain, if mascara had a brain.
The Estée Lauder Companies partnered with pop artist Donald Robertson who created original holiday-themed illustrations for the store. It's located at Terminal D, where all the cool retail and restaurants are, near Gate 25.