This Week's Hot Headlines
So much good Dallas food news packs this week’s 5 most popular stories
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Up-and-coming foodie destination secures first Dean & Deluca in Texas. The trailblazing epicurean chain will open its first Lone Star outlet in Legacy West, the new urban mixed-use complex in Plano. Yay us. Started in 1977, Dean & DeLuca is now internationally known as a destination for cooking, eating, and entertaining.
2. Texas’ largest supermarket chain busts a move on Dallas. San Antonio-based supermarket chain H-E-B is charging into the Dallas-Fort Worth market with the acquisition of six Sun Fresh Market stores, including four in Dallas, one in McKinney, and one in Grapevine. These will be the first H-E-Bs in Dallas proper.
3. Dallas toasts some hot restaurant openings but one scorching closure. Dallas burger institution Goff's went down in flames last weekend, but three hot restaurant concepts arose to salve the pain.
4. Check out the outrageous finalists in the 2016 State Fair of Texas fried food awards. The State Fair of Texas has revealed the eight finalists for its 2016 Big Tex Choice Awards, more commonly known as the fried food awards. High-five to fried Jell-O! You made it.
5. New food truck park injects life into downtown Dallas plaza. A new food truck park is opening in a corner of downtown Dallas that could really use it. Called Browder Street Plaza, it’s in the open concourse between the Dallas Power and Light building and the AT&T headquarters.