Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. The 12 best restaurants in Dallas to take out-of-town guests. When the holidays come, so do out-of-town guests. At some point during their visit, you will inevitably be eating out. Choosing the right restaurant is key. For inspiration, we turned to our Top 100 list of the very best restaurants in Dallas and pulled out 12.
2. Burger joint with a view pops up in unexpected Dallas-area location. A new restaurant in Grand Prairie offers views from here to the horizon with its burgers. Called Radial Cafe, it's located at the Grand Prairie Municipal Airport, giving diners a bird's-eye view of aircraft in the sky.
3. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 top restaurants with cozy fireplaces. When the temperature drops below 50, it's imperative to take advantage and find a cozy spot to sup. Fire's what you need — a blazing fireplace you can gaze at while dining on casseroles and other wintry foods. Here are 10 options.
4. Nationally recognized hot dog joint quits Deep Ellum. Luscher's Red Hots, the Deep Ellum hot dog joint from Dallas chef Brian Luscher, served its last meal earlier this week, after two years in business. In 2015, it was a contender for Bon Appetit's best new restaurants in America.
5. Master list of Hawaiian poke restaurants flooding Dallas. If you like seafood and fiendishly follow dining trends, you already know about poke, the raw fish sensation from Hawaii. If you do not, then get ready for the invasion of the poke bar, which will hit Dallas hard in 2017.