Serenade to Style
Mad Hatter's Tea fans gather at Lela Rose for exciting luncheon reveal
Mad Hatter’s Tea Serenade to Style supporters and committee members joined chairperson Lisa Loy Laughlin at Lela Rose in Highland Park Village for a night of exciting reveals.
Attendees — including Carol Seay, Kay Weeks, Karen Settle, Linda Spina, Anna Bland Aston, Carole Lawson, Jill Goldberg, Janie Robertson, Sue Ringle, Elsa Norwood, Kim Mathews and Linda Loy Funk — gathered around the glamorous store in anticipation of the announcement of this year's hat judges, who will bestow honors in categories such as colorfully flamboyant, chic couture, the yellow rose of Texas and most elegant.
Jocelyn White, one of the tea emcees and advisors, joined Laughlin in announcing the 2014 hat judges:
- Heidi Dillon, founder of The Fashionistas
- Michael Faircloth, fashion designer
- Patti Flowers, owner of Patti Flowers Design Studio
- Sam Ratcliffe, head of Bywaters Special Collections in SMU’s Jake and Nancy Hamon Arts Library
- Gary Riggs, interior designer and artist
- Clarice Tinsley, news anchor for Fox 4
- Maxine Trowbridge, editor of PaperCity
- Janine Turner, actress, author and talk radio host
The Mad Hatter's Tea, one of the most anticipated social events of the spring, is set for April 10 and benefits the Women’s Council of the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden and A Woman’s Garden. The event includes a champagne reception in Ginsburg Plaza; a Jan Strimple-produced runway show featuring styles from Diane von Furstenberg, Lela Rose and Escada; and a seated luncheon.