This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Rare Cliff May home in East Dallas for sale with impeccable original fixtures. A rare East Dallas midcentury modern home designed by famed architect Cliff May is on the market. Located at 2636 Materhorn Dr., it's a 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom home with 1,337 square feet. It has a prototypical Cliff May courtyard, attached garage workshop, and in what MCM purists will find enchanting, original fixtures in tip-top condition.
2. One of Dallas' oldest Italian restaurants now doing buzziest pizza in town. One of the biggest culinary trends in Dallas right now is Detroit-style pizza, known for being thick and square, with a crust that's crisp and cheesy on the edge, and now there's a surprising new purveyor. Called Big D Pizza, it's from Peter Colombo, owner of Alfonso's Italian Restaurant, one of the oldest Italian restaurants in Dallas.
3. 2 Dallas neighbors climb to rooftop in new ranking of best home markets. Frisco has a new national accolade to crow about. In a ranking released August 25 by personal finance website WalletHub, Frisco grabs the No. 3 spot among the best cities to buy a house. Nearby Denton makes it into the top 10, too.
4. New list of COVID-19 Dallas restaurants has many reopenings and closings. While the coronavirus continues to keep some of us paralyzed, others are moving forward, pushing on with an action plan. For Dallas-Fort Worth restaurants, that can mean opening under restrictions, or else it can mean the crushing step of closing for good. This list has both, openings and closings, all undertaken while COVID-19 still stares us down.
5. New '50s house for sale in East Dallas is untouched by flippers' hands. There's a sweet house in Dallas built in the '50s that just went on sale, that is unsullied by flippers' hands. Located at 1830 Viewcrest Dr., it's a 3-bedroom 2-bathroom house with 1,379 square feet, built in 1956, and with many original features, including hardwood floors in the living spaces, and bathrooms with original vintage tile, all in pristine condition.