This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Chef John Tesar's Knife Burger and others bail on Plano Legacy food hall. Everything is not coming up roses at Legacy Hall, the food hall in Plano, which is seeing an exodus of chefs including high profile Top Chef contestant John Tesar.
2. Dallas-area sanctuary rescues tiger found by stoner in abandoned home. A stoner in Houston looking for a place to smoke weed found a surprise when he entered an abandoned house: a tiger, left behind by its negligent owner. The tiger was tranquilized and then transported to Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch in Murchison, the world-renowned 1,400-acre animal sanctuary 79 miles southeast of Dallas.
3. Innovative tiny-home village breaks ground in town north of Dallas. Going, going … almost gone. Twelve of the 13 lots available for lease at a new tiny-home community in Lake Dallas already have been snapped up, and the project just broke ground on February 9.
4. Award-winning father-son team open barbecue restaurant in Garland. A father-and-son team who've won awards at barbecue cookoffs have opened their own restaurant. Called Blacksmoke BBQ & Grill, it's in Garland at 2121 Northwest Hwy., off I-635.
5. Extra-loud tour with Coheed and Cambria and Mastodon hits Irving venue. Two of the most popular loud music bands will join forces in summer 2019 on an epic cross-country tour, with a stop in the Dallas area: Coheed and Cambria, the modern progressive rock band, and heavy rock titans Mastodon will embark on The Unheavenly Skye Tour, making a stop on July 3 at Toyota Music Factory in Irving.