This Week's Hot Headlines
Garth Brooks blazes into this week's 5 hottest Dallas headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Top 5 revelations from Garth Brooks' Arlington show press conference. One day before his sold-out show on July 30 at AT&T Stadium, country megastar Garth Brooks was doing what Garth Brooks always does the day before a show: meeting up with the media. These are the top five things he shared before ...
2. Concert review: Garth Brooks plays for real at AT&T Stadium in Arlington. Seven years after his last area appearance, country singer Garth Brooks returned to North Texas on July 30, performing an electrifying two-hour concert that was as much a raucous, career-spanning show as it was a thank-you letter to the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
3. Anonymous buyer scores infamous Dallas sailboat at a bargain price. An infamous Dallas sailboat that was put on auction due to bankruptcy has sold at what is surely a bargain price. The going price for one 42-foot sailboat with a 4-cylinder Westerbeke marine engine, V-Drive transmission, two masts, galley, bathroom, and two bedrooms (drumroll, please): $28,500, plus a 10 percent fee for the auction house.
4. Texas builder unveils sleek prefabricated luxury homes starting at $600,000. A Texas homebuilder has brought a high-end approach to a type of housing that has often been lumped into the low-end category. Escobedo Group, based in Buda, a suburb of Austin, has introduced a “panelized” construction system that enables a luxury home to be prefabricated and then installed on a homesite within roughly five months.
5. 2 Dallas hospitals earn healthy rankings in prestigious list of best in U.S. and Texas. A prestigious, annual national report has verified what Texans already know: The state boasts some of the best adult and children’s hospitals in the country. U.S. News & World Report has released its 2022-23 Best Hospitals list, and two Dallas hospitals earned especially healthy rankings.