This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. This Dallas suburb is the fastest-growing city in the U.S. In May, Frisco was named the country’s second fastest-growing large city in terms of population. Now, the Dallas suburb ranks as the fastest-growing city in the U.S. based on population and 14 other economic measures.
2. Downtown Dallas' French Room reopens with chic bar but bye-bye cherubs. In big news for the old-school downtown Dallas set, The French Room, the Zagat favorite and legendary restaurant at The Adolphus hotel, is back, following a 16-month restoration designed to return it to its roots as a top Dallas dining destination.
3. Dallas' biggest classical music fan Chris Shull dies following illness. Dallas arts writer and classical music lover Chris Shull died on October 4. He was 55. Shull most recently worked at The Dallas Symphony Association for six years, from 2010-2016. Prior to and following that position, he'd been a longtime arts writer for a variety of publications including The Dallas Morning News, Fort Worth Star-Telegram, and The Wichita Eagle in Wichita, Kansas.
4. European-style cafe sets up Dallas with espresso and late-night hours. A cafe concept from Atlanta is coming to Texas with a proposition so old, it feels new again. Café Intermezzo aspires to recreate the experience of an old-school European coffeehouse, with an elegant atmosphere, walnut bar, white tablecloths, and polished-brass espresso machine providing the ambience of 19th-century Europe.
5. East Dallas fave Lounge Here launches brunch in true rock star style. In what feels like the fastest year ever elapsed, hipster hangout Lounge Here celebrated its one-year anniversary with the introduction of a brunch service, which it debuted on October 1.