This week's hot headlines
BBQ restaurant's new spinoff sizzles in this week's 5 hottest Dallas headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Dallas BBQ restaurant with Wagyu brisket will spin off location in Addison. Like a holiday gift to BBQ fans, a Dallas barbecue restaurant is expanding with a spinoff: Oak'd BBQ, which first debuted on Greenville Avenue in late 2020, is opening a location in Addison. It'll open in February at 4525 Belt Line Rd., a space that was home for 20-plus years to Chamberlain Seafood.
2. Sprawling ranch in Texas bluebonnet mecca steps onto market for $7.75M. Anyone in the market for wide open spaces — where the views go on for days and the hills stretch all the way to the sky — should consider Big Step Ranch. Located in the town of Chappell Hill in Washington County - in the heart of bluebonnet country - the 186-acre property is on the market for $7.75 million.
3. 2 Dallas suburbs shine merry and bright among America's happiest cities, study says. Things are looking especially merry in Frisco and Plano, home to some of the happiest people in the U.S., according to a new study. The two Texas cities land near the top of a new study by SmartAsset that ranks the top 50 places where Americans are happiest in 2022. Frisco comes in at No. 5, and Plano, at No. 6.
4. The 10 worst movies of 2022 range from comedic goofs to fantastic beat-downs. In the post- (ongoing? never-ending?) pandemic world, going to the movie theater is still a roll-of-the-dice for many people. These were our critic's picks for the 10 worst films of 2022.
5. Where to celebrate New Year's Eve 2022 at these Dallas restaurants. Here comes the end of 2022, and plans need to be made ASAP. This list has festivities of all kinds, from a no-charge-at-the-door groovy wine bar toast to an over-the-top meal that costs $495 per head. Here's a list of 14 cool NYE celebrations around DFW (and more weekend events here), and here are the best bets for a festive brunch on New Year's Day.