This week's hot headlines
Celebrity burger joint's closure tops this week's 5 most-read Dallas stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that listhere.
1. Celebrity Wahlberg burger restaurant closes location at The Star in Frisco. In a big loss on the celebrity burger restaurant front, Wahlburgers, the burger chain from the Wahlberg family of Boston and Hollywood, has closed its only restaurant in Texas. The restaurant was located at The Star in Frisco, where it opened in October 2019.
2. New pie shop in Frisco will dish out cream pies made from scratch. Here's what happens when you combine an analytical brain, pandemic isolation, and a love for baking pies: The Pie Dish, a new pie shop whose picture-perfect pies are set to make Frisco the talk of pie town.
3. Dallas Cattle Baron's Ball celebrates 50 years with iconic gala starring Shania Twain. The word “Iconic” proved the perfect theme for the 50th anniversary Cattle Baron’s Ball. From record-breaking auction items to headliner Shania Twain, the 2023 edition of Dallas' ultimate Western-glam party was one for the ages.
4. 2 Dallas universities earn top-10 honors in new list of Texas' best colleges for 2024. College students looking for an exemplary education in Texas can still apply to Dallas' consistently top-ranking universities before their early decision deadline November 1. Perfect timing, as Southern Methodist University has earned the No. 6 spot and University of Dallas, the No. 7 spot, in WalletHub's 2024 ranking of the best colleges and universities in Texas.
5. New Pickleball Kingdom in Plano will be largest indoor facility in Texas. A new pickleball facility that promises to be the biggest indoor pickleball facility in all of Texas is coming to Dallas-Fort Worth. Well, Plano at least: Called Pickleball Kingdom, it'll open at 1301 Custer Rd., in what was once an Albertsons store.