This Week's Hot Headlines
Badass Dallas charity ball and more popular stories this week
Editor’s note: Another week has come and gone, and there’s a lot we all probably missed. But we’re looking out for you, kid. Here are the most popular stories from this past week:
1. Dallasites cowboy up and party hard to raise millions for Cattle Baron's Ball 2015. There wasn't a raindrop in sight, which delighted co-chairmen Mary Martha Pickens and Tia Love Wynne as they welcomed thousands to the 42nd annual Cattle Baron's Ball at Gilley's Dallas. This year's theme — Cowboy Up, Take Cancer Down! — perfectly articulated this fundraising tradition's goal.
2. Froyo bubble bursts with Dallas closures of once-hyped chain. The frozen yogurt bubble deflated slightly with the demise of the Uptown Dallas branch of Pinkberry, which closed on October 4. That closure follows the plight of the branch on Greenville Avenue, which closed in March.
3. Where to eat in Dallas right now: 10 restaurants to go with friends. For our October rendition of Where to Eat, we're getting all inclusive. We're feeling extra social. We're thinking about where we want to go with friends. We're looking for places we can hit before a show or after a game. Places where the setting and convenience often come before the food.
4. Sweet new Dallas shop hopes to break Preston Center curse. Charming Hospitality Sweet is plotting to make Preston Center a sweeter place. The downtown bakery-coffee shop is opening a second branch at 6135 Luther Ln., hopefully bringing prosperity to a location with a tortured past.
5. 5 top Dallas shops to dress your best for social season. Fall social season is in full swing in Dallas, and one of the most exciting things about it is dressing the part. If you don't even know where to start, look to these five boutiques, which offer everything you need for events ranging from gallery openings to grand galas.